The Emerging Artists Theatre (EAT) Spark Theatre Festival NYC is a three-week festival of new work for the stage that allows artists of different disciplines to present one performance of a polished “work-in-progress” with audience feedback.
Most pieces selected for the festival will have never been performed before an audience, while some selections have been performed previously but feature new material. We are not interested in presenting established pieces of theatre. We want to see something brand-spanking-new hit the stage for the first or nearly the first time. We think of this series as an opportunity for artists to share an early draft of a new piece.
There is no submission charge and no obligation to participate if chosen. Plus, participants receive 50% of the box office. Successful Fringe, NYMF, and Off-Broadway shows have been born out of this series, and Emerging Artists is excited to present a new round of opportunities to local artists for yet another year.
We accept submissions for the following new works:
- Solo Shows
- Musicals (Short and Long)
- Plays (Short and Long)
- Subway Musicians
- Storytelling Show
- Sketch Comedy
Other … Out of the Box
HOW TO APPLY
- PART ONE: Read our FAQ and Terms.
- PART TWO: Fill out the application form. You will be asked to provide information on the following:
- How you heard about Emerging Artists Theatre’s Spark Theatre Festival NYC
- Why your show would be a good fit
- Show title, running time, and production history (if applicable)
- Show marketing blurb (one sentence) and summary (less than 500 words)
- Contact information, website, social media handles, and professional bio(s)
- Hit SUBMIT to submit your application
If you are accepted into the Spark Theatre Festival NYC, there will be an information session/meet-and-greet on a date to be determined. There will be snacks. Good ones.
Submissions to our Fall 2023 series are now closed. Submissions for the Spring 2024 festival will open this fall. Please check back soon.